Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yesterday, I was sitting in my room watching out the window at my kids playing outside. I wanted to watch them just playing without mommy telling them to stop this or that, etc. Since it had been raining, there were a number of fun things to do. First, I watched them dump some water out of their sandbox, what tidy little creatures. Then I watched them discover a muddy puddle, less tidy. I'm thinking to myself, why do I spend a fortune on clothes when they wipe their muddy legs off with their dresses? Still wanting to savor the motherly moment, I watched on. The curious minds next explored the ash pan at the bottom of the grill. They sprinkled the ashes into the air like pixie dust or something and then sprinkled some into their mud puddle making the consistency change to clayish blob. After that, they were getting cold and wanted to come inside. This is when Mommy had to interfere, no way those shoes were coming inside. I jumped out of bed and rushed to the door to find they had already thought to take their shoes off before entering, how very thoughtful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want movies.

mom

Anonymous said...

deep thoughts by brookie axline