Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cinderella


Sierra's imagination play of Cinderella is nearing obsession. She introduces herself to everyone as Cinderella and whenever I say "no her anme iss Sierra" she gets mad and insists she's Cinderella. Yesterday we were playing outside and she, of course, was Cinderella and I was told to be Belle. She then pointed to Dennis and said he was her prince to which I jokingly said "no he's MY prince." This was totally unacceptable to her so she produced a prince for me out of thin air and gave it to me on her hand. Then I said "I don't want a prince, they're spoiled, I want a knight in shining armor. How bout Daddy can be your prince AND my knight in shining armor." To which she replied "no, he's just mine, and you have to have a prince not one of those shiny things." The next morning she asked where her prince was "at the store or at work?" I gave up and said her prince was at work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Diane would love to play Cinderella with her!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely princess!!!
I want a prince too if she can get me one out of thin air. Aunt Cindy

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful princess. Will this be a halloween costume as well?
The princess should be very careful of the pirates that will be around on trick-or-treat.
Grandpa.